|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Wien (Vienna)
The region is apparently named after bishop Altmann von Passau. The name is documented from the 12th century on. Vienna was part of the diocese of Passau until 1463, when the bishopric of Vienna was instituted. The church of Altmannsdorf is dedicated to St Oswald. The raven is one of his more popular attributes.
It now belongs to the 12th municipal district, Meidling.