|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted in 1953 and show a plough iron as a symbol for the agricultural character of the municipality. The colours were taken from the arms of the Principality of Calenberg, to which the area before 1432. The two silver bends have no particular meaning and are added only for aesthetical purposes.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.