|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on July 30, 1959.
The arms are based on symbols from the arms of the two families that owned the village for many centuries. The sheep is taken from the arms of the Voit von Rieneck family, who ruled from 1668-1814. The ring is taken from the arms of the Von Rüssenbach family, one of the oldest known families in the region, and who ruled the village from 1432 to 1578.
Literature : Stadler, 1990.