Tirschenreuth (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to: navigation, search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen
Germany-flag.jpg

  • Total pages in the German section : 18,576

TIRSCHENREUTH (TIR)

State : Bayern
Additions : 1973 Kemnath

Wappen von Tirschenreuth (kreis)

Official blazon

(de)

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on March 1, 1974,

The arms combine the old arms (see below) with the blue bar taken from the arms of the former Kemnath district. The bar is derived from the arms of the Counts of Leuchtenburg.

Wappen von Tirschenreuth (kreis)

The arms were granted on October 2, 1957.

The arms show the lion of the Pfalz, as the district historically belonged to the Pfalz. The dragon is the legendary arms of Count Diepold von Cham-Vohburg, who founded the abbey in Waldsassen. This abbey acquired a huge territory until 1804 when it was dismantled. The abbey also used the dragon in its arms. Most of the district was owned by the abbey.


Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes. Bayern.jpg