Ternat

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to: navigation, search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
Belgium.jpg
Belgian heraldry portal
Belgische wapens
Armorial de Belgique
Belgium-flag.jpg

TERNAT

Province : Vlaams-Brabant
Additions : 1977 Sint-Katharina-Lombeek, Wambeek

Wapen van Ternat

Official blazon

  • (1819) (none available)
  • (1840) Een blaeuw veld met het gulden beeld van Ste Gertrudis.
  • (1985) In lazuur, bezaaid met blokjes van goud, een keper van hetzelfde. Het schild geplaatst voor een Sint-Gertrudis van goud.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on September 28, 1819 and in different colours on January 30, 1840. The current arms were granted on May 7, 1985.

Ternat was founded as a village from the Nijvel Abbey and was for centuries a possession of the Abbey. The old arms of Ternat thus show the image of St. Gertrudis of Nijvel, patron saint of the abbey and the village. In 1840 the colours were changed.

The new arms show the shield of Sint-Katharina-Lombeek with the patron saint, St. Gerdtrude, from the old arms.

Ternat1.jpg

The arms from 1819
Ternat.jpg

The arms from 1840
Wapen van/Blason de Ternat

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930


Literature : Servais, 1955