|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In Rot ein goldener Löwe, der ein von Blau und Silber schräg geteiltes Panier an einer ebenso schräg gebänderten Stange in den Vorderpranken hält.
The oldest known seal of the town is known from 1441 and it shows a shield with a lion. A later 16th century seal showed the same lion, derived from the arms of the medieval Margraves of Ronsberg (extinct since 1212).
The above arms were officially granted on June 8, 1813, where the lion was described as the lion of the Counts of Eppan, later Lords of the town. The banner is the banner of Bayern.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.