|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
De gueules, à trois pals d'or, au chef d'argent.
The arms were officially granted on August 14, 1855.
The arms are probably based on the arms of the Berthout family, who used the arms without a chief and in revered colours (see Mechelen), as the area historically belonged to the Land van Mechelen, which was ruled by the Berthout family in the early medieval times.
The arms of Reet appear for the first time on the seal from 1690 as part of the arms of the della faille family, at the time Lords of Reet.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature : Servais, 1955