Oberndorf am Neckar
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
OBERNDORF AM NECKAR
Unter goldenem Schildhaupt, worin ein liegender schwarzer Doppelhaken, mit Teilungen schräglinks von Gold und Schwarz gerautet.
Oberndorf was founded by the Dukes of Teck and received city rights between 1245 and 1270. The oldest known seal dates from 1281 and shows two crossed hooks, derived from the arms of the local family Hacken von Oberndorf. The hooks were used as village symbol until the 17th century. The second seal showed however the arms of the Dukes of Teck, the black and gold diamonds. These arms remained the official city arms until 1935. In 1935 the two symbols were combined, showing the diamonds with in a chief one of the hooks.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.