|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
In Blau auf grünem Boden eine silberne Kirche, Turm rechts, mit rotem Dach.
The arms were designed and adopted in 1895.
The church (Kirche) is a canting element. A church first appeared on the local seal from 1841.
Unfortunately the colours and actual design were not properly defined in 1895 and only in 1961 the State Archives determined the colours. The municipality did not agree on all aspects and it took until April 23, 1965 before the arms were officialy granted in the proper colours.