|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on April 24, 1961.
The arms are canting and show an oak tree (Baum) and two fleur-de-lis for St. Mary. In 1430 an ill shephard was shown in a dream a statue of the H. Mary in a strangely shaped tree. He went out, found the tree and the village became an important centre of pilgrimage. This is thus symbolised in the arms.