|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms show the local village sign, which has been used in the local seals since the 17th century. The meaning or origin of the symbol is not known. It has been stated that the cross is derived from the cross of the State of Speyer, as the village belonged to Speyer until the early 19th century.
The arms were granted on October 25, 1937 in the colours of the Pfalz.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.