Hohenberg an der Eger: Difference between revisions

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - ".hagd.jpg|center]] <br/>The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925" to ".hagd.jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}]] <br/>The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925 ")
m (Text replacement - "Additions :" to "Additions:")
Tags: Mobile edit Mobile web edit
 
(24 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{de}}
'''HOHENBERG AN DER EGER'''
'''HOHENBERG AN DER EGER'''


State : [[Bayern]]<br/>
State : [[Bayern]]<br/>
District (Kreis) : [[Wunsiedel (kreis)|Wunsiedel]] (until 1973 [[Rehau (kreis)|Rehau]])<br />
District (Kreis) : [[Wunsiedel (kreis)|Wunsiedel]] (until 1973 [[Rehau (kreis)|Rehau]])<br />
Additions : 1978 Neuhaus an der Eger
Additions: 1978 Neuhaus an der Eger


[[File:hohenber.jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}]]
[[File:hohenber.jpg|center|alt=Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}/Arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]]


====Official blazon====
{| class="wikitable"
|+Official blazon
|-
|'''German'''
|
Gespalten; vorne geviert von Silber und Schwarzen, hinten in Rot auf grünem Bergkegel ein blau bedachter silberner Burgturm.
Gespalten; vorne geviert von Silber und Schwarzen, hinten in Rot auf grünem Bergkegel ein blau bedachter silberner Burgturm.
|-
|'''English'''
| blazon wanted
|}


====Origin/meaning====
===Origin/meaning===
The arms were granted by Albrecht Alcibiades of Brandenburg, Markgrave of Nürnberg in 1549.  
The arms were granted by Albrecht Alcibiades of Brandenburg, Margrave of Nürnberg in 1549.  


The arms show in the right part the quartered shield of the Hohenzollern dynasty, which was also used by the Markgraves of Nürnberg. The town was a possession of the Markgraves since 1413.
The arms show in the right part the quartered shield of the Hohenzollern dynasty, which was also used by the Margraves of Nürnberg. The town was a possession of the Margraves since 1413.


The left part shows the local medieval castle, built by the Markgraves around 1285, on a hill. The hill is canting (the name means high-mountain).
The left part shows the local medieval castle, built by the Margraves around 1285, on a hill. The hill is canting (the name means high-mountain).


Between 1819 and 1850 the city used different arms, with the quartered field now of silver and gold and the left part showed in the upper part two quarters, the first with a silver tower in red, the second was plain golden. The lower left part showed in blue a mountain of silver. Accidentally these arms were also used on the seal between 1902 and 1920.   
Between 1819 and 1850 the city used different arms, with the quartered field now of silver and gold and the left part showed in the upper part two quarters, the first with a silver tower in red, the second was plain golden. The lower left part showed in blue a mountain of silver. Accidentally these arms were also used on the seal between 1902 and 1920.   


{|align="center"
{|align="center"
|align="center"|[[File:hohenberg.hagd.jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}]]  <br/>The arms by [[Otto Hupp|Hupp]] in the [[Kaffee Hag albums]] +/- 1925   
|align="center"|[[File:{{PAGENAME}}1892.jpg|center|Siegel von {{PAGENAME}}]] <br/>The municipal stamp shown in 1892
|align="center"|[[File:hohenberg.hagd.jpg|center|Wappen von {{PAGENAME}}/Coat of arms (crest) of {{PAGENAME}}]]  <br/>The arms by [[Otto Hupp|Hupp]] in the [[Kaffee Hag albums]] +/- 1925   
|}
|}


{{de}}
{{media}}
{{media}}


[[Literature]] : Stadler, K., 1964-1971; Stadler, 1990
[[Civic Heraldry Literature - Germany|'''Literature''']]: Stadler, K., 1964-1971; Stadler, 1990
[[Category:German Municipalities H]]
[[Category:German Municipalities H]]
[[Category:Bayern]]
[[Category:Bayern]]

Latest revision as of 10:34, 28 January 2024

HOHENBERG AN DER EGER

State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Wunsiedel (until 1973 Rehau)
Additions: 1978 Neuhaus an der Eger

Wappen von Hohenberg an der Eger/Arms (crest) of Hohenberg an der Eger
Official blazon
German

Gespalten; vorne geviert von Silber und Schwarzen, hinten in Rot auf grünem Bergkegel ein blau bedachter silberner Burgturm.

English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted by Albrecht Alcibiades of Brandenburg, Margrave of Nürnberg in 1549.

The arms show in the right part the quartered shield of the Hohenzollern dynasty, which was also used by the Margraves of Nürnberg. The town was a possession of the Margraves since 1413.

The left part shows the local medieval castle, built by the Margraves around 1285, on a hill. The hill is canting (the name means high-mountain).

Between 1819 and 1850 the city used different arms, with the quartered field now of silver and gold and the left part showed in the upper part two quarters, the first with a silver tower in red, the second was plain golden. The lower left part showed in blue a mountain of silver. Accidentally these arms were also used on the seal between 1902 and 1920.

Siegel von Hohenberg an der Eger

The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Wappen von Hohenberg an der Eger/Coat of arms (crest) of Hohenberg an der Eger

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925





This page is part of the
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:



Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Stadler, K., 1964-1971; Stadler, 1990