|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on July 6, 1955.
The upper part shows a wheel, taken from the arms of the Lords of Hohenfels and the Counts of Falkenstein. The acorns are also derived from the arms of the Counts of Falkenstein. Both families ruled the village for a long time. The lower half shows the mining tools as a symbol for the iron industry in the village. The black and red division is taken from the arms of the Lords of Gienanth, who founded the industry.
Literature : Debus, 1988