|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted in 1948.
The arms show in the upper part two tree trunks and a garb, in the lower a stone-age grave. The upper part symbolises the development of the area from woods to rich farmland. At the same time the trunks are taken from the arms of the Dorgeloh family, who owned the Lethe estate in the municipality. The garb also was part of the arms of the Counts of Wasaburg, who owned the Huntlosen Estate.
The lower part symbolises the many stone-age graves found in the municipality.
The colours are taken from the former State of Oldenburg.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.