Groß Sankt Florian
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
GROSS SANKT FLORIAN
The arms were granted on October 24, 1994
St. Florian has been an important market borough since at least 1384. In 1887, the name was changed to Groß St. Florian. The use of a seal displaying the patron saint, St. Florian, in his most eminent capacity can, however, only be traced to the 19th century. In 1994, the municipality received the formal grant of the traditionally used seal as a coat of arms.
Literature : Image provided by Karl Palfrader (firstname.lastname@example.org), MStLA 47 (1997), p. 37