|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted in 1954.
The arms show a canting goose (Gans-Ganter). The village was, according to legend, founded by a group of farmers. To decide where to built the church they let a goose fly, and where it landed they would build the church.
The brick in the lower part of the arms symbolises the brick and tile manufacture in the municipality. The colours of the shield are the colours of the former State of Oldenburg.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.