|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on June 21, 1958.
Both the crosier and the roses refer to the Wadgassen Abbey, to which the village historically belonged. The roses were part of the seal of the Abbey. The colours are those of Nassau-Saarbrücken, to which the village later belonged.
Literature : Debus, 1988