|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms are granted in 1953 and are based on the early 19th century seal of the village. The arms symbolise the fact that the Counts of Nassau built in 1590 an iron factory on the spot of the old smithy. The new factory was of great importance for the area until the 19th century.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.