|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted on June 23, 1966.
The upper half shows the lion of the County of Saarbrücken, to which the village historically belonged. The base shows a branch with thee leaves, symbolising the three former municipalities that were merged in 1936. The division line resembles a saw and symbolises the wood industry in the municipality.
Literature : Heyen und Zimmer, 1966