|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Erding
Additions : 1972 Eibach (partly), Hausmehring, Schwindkirchen (1864 Stollnkirchen), Watzling; 1978 Tegernbach (1972 Grüntegernbach, Wasentegernbach), Zeilhofen
The three houses are a canting symbol, Dorf means village. The three houses already appear on the oldest known seal of Dorfen, dating from the 14th century. All later seals and images show the houses. The shape, size and colour, however varies widely. In th1 16th century the shield was shown as silver with red roofed houses. Since 1812 the blue colour of Bayern is used and the yellow colour for the roofs appear in the late 19th century.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (+/- 1910)
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.