|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In Gold aus rotem Herzen wachsend drei goldbesamte rote Rosen mit grünen Kelchblättern und vier roten Knospen an grünem Stiel.
The arms were officially granted on November 14, 1920.
The arms are based on the oldest known seal of the village, knwon from 1789. This seal showed the same composition as Urphar, a heart from which three roses and 4 butts grow. The meaning of this composition is not known.
In the 19th century the village used two seals, one similar to all the villages in the Amt Wertheim at the time, whowing the arms of the COunts of Wertheim. The second seal showed a crowned letter D.
In 1895 the council wanted to apply for arms based on the oldest seal, but it took until 1920 before the arms were finally granted.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Literature : Zier and Kastner, 1967