County of Bregenz

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to: navigation, search
Ooshong.gif
Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of the Austro-Hungarian Empire
Ooshong.gif

COUNTY OF BREGENZ

Arms (crest) of County of Bregenz

Official blazon

Origin/meaning

The County of Bregenz was a possession of the Counts of Montfort who sold the province in 1451 and 1523 to the Dukes of Austria. The province is at present in the State of Vorarlberg, Austria.

The arms were officially granted in 1529, but are based on the oldest arms of the Counts of Bregenz. The city of Bregenz uses the same arms.


Literature : Ströhl, 1890