|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Salzburg
District : Sankt Johann im Pongau
The arms were officially granted on November 14, 1931 and again on February 17, 1949.
The arms show in the upper half miner's tools on a agolden field, which refers to the former gold mining in the region. The bath in the lower half refers to the famous thermal springs in the municipality.
The arms of 1931 were basically the same, but with different colours, see below.
The arms by Widimsky, 1864
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
Literature : Zaisberger, F. and Pfeiffer, N. : Salzburger Gemeindewappen. Winter Verlag, Salzburg, 1985