|Heraldry of the World |
Wapens van alle landen
Armorial du Monde
|Belgian heraldry portal|
Armorial de Belgique
- (1819) Van lazuur beladen met 3 achtpuntige sterren van goud, hebbende de ster ter linkerbovenzijde eene staart.
- (1847) D'argent à trois quintefeuilles de gueules, l'écu timbré d'une couronne d'or.
- (1985) Gevierendeeld 1. en 4. in zilver drie vijfblaaden van keel 2. en 3. in lazuur een schildhoofd an hermelijn.
The arms were officially granted on May 7, 1985.
The arms combine the previous arms of Ardooie with those of Koolskamp.
The previous arms were granted on June 28, 1847.
These arms are derived from the 15th and 16th century arms of the Lords of Ardooie, but there is no known use of these arms by the local council during these centuries.
In 1847 the council decided to use the old arms in the colours used by the family.
Ardooie first received arms on October 20, 1819 by the Dutch government.
These arms showed in a blue shield three stars, the lower one with a comet-tail, all gold. The oldest seal of the council dates from 1692 and shows three stars. Another seal, dating from the 18th century shows the three stars, one with a comet tail. The council applied for the latter arms in the early 19th century. As no colours were known, the arms were granted in the Dutch national colours.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a police badge (source)
Literature : Servais, M. : Armorial des provinces et des communes de Belgique. Liege, 1955, 1041 p