|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms of Amt Östinghausen were granted on February 11, 1937.
The whole area of the Amt belonged until 1444 to the city of Soest, from 1444-1803 to the State of Köln. The arms are based on the old seal of the local court and show the key of Soest and a banner with the cross of the State of Köln.
The following municipalities belonged to Amt Oestinghausen :
Literature : Veddeler, 1991