|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
|Austrian heraldry portal|
State : Salzburg
District : Hallein
The arms were granted on August 2, 1930.
The arms show St. Blasius, the patron saint of the town. Abtenau received town rights in the early 16th century and probably received at the same time to use a seal and arms. The first known use of the arms, however, dates from 1592 and already shows St. Blasius.
The arms in the Abadie albums
Literature : Zaisberger, F. and Pfeiffer, N. : Salzburger Gemeindewappen. Winter Verlag, Salzburg, 1985