|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted in 1953, but have been used by the local council since 1946.
The arms show a canting crane (Kranich). The crane is taken from the arms of the Cranich family, who, around 1200, built the Cranichsberg castle. Around the castle a village developed with the name Kranichsberg, now Kransberg. The colours are taken from the arms of Nassau as the municipality belonged in the 19th and early 20th century to Hessen-Nassau.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.