Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
German Civic Heraldry
State : Rheinland-Pfalz
Urban district (Stadtkreis) : Pirmasens
Incorporated into : 1969 Pirmasens
The arms were granted on March 17, 1955.
The lower half The small shield shows the arms of the Lords of Hanau-Lichtenberg, to which the village historically belonged. The upper half shows a horse, symbolizing the long tradition of horse-breeding and horse-racing in the village. The green colour of the field is taken from the name of the village, which is derived from Winede, or place with meadows.
Literature : Debus, 1988.