Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
German Civic Heraldry
State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Böblingen
Additions : Darmsheim, Maichingen
Sindelfingen was founded in 1263 by the Counts of Tübingen and became a possession of Württemberg in 1351. The oldest known seal also dates from the late 14th century and shows the three deer antler from the arms of Württemberg. The three antlers remained the only symbol in the seals and arms until 1840. To distinguish the arms from the arms of Württemberg, the field was made silver instead of gold in 1535. From 1840-1901 only a small cross was used as arms. The cross was used already since 1681 as a symbol on border stones, but was not used in any official document. In 1927 the cross was combined with the antlers, when the new arms were granted.
Use of the arms in the city :
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.