State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Calw
The arms were granted in 1956.
The lion is derived from the arms of the Counts of Vaihingen, as the area was part of the County Vaihingen for many centuries. The crosier is taken from the old symbol of the village, as used on borderstones. It refers to the Herrenalb Abbey, which had many possessions in the area. The star is taken from the Lords of Kröwelsau, who ruled the village as vassals for the Counts of Vaihingen.
Literature : Jäger, 1986; John et al., 1990