State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Rhein-Neckar Kreis
Additions : 1928 Bruchhausen (partly)
The arms were adopted in 1900. The arms are based on the seal of the local council dating from 1698. The diamonds in the right half are those of the Wittelsbach family, Counts of the Palatine (Pfalz), to which the area historically belonged. The three trees most probably indicate the Schwetzinger Hardt forests. The seal was used until 1811.
In 1818 the council used a different seal. The right half now showed the bend of Baden, as the area now was part of Baden. The three trees were replaced by three acorns. A later 19th century seal showed again the Wittelsbach arms, but instead of trees or acorns, three hearts. In 1900 the municipality returned to the oldest composition.
Literature : John and Wüst, 1996; John et al., 1990