State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Freudenstadt
Additions : 1972-75 Bösingen, Durrweiler, Edelweiler, Herzogsweiler, Kälberbronn
The arms were granted on June 9, 1952. The arms are based on the old seal of the village, known since 1835. As no colours were used on the seal, the colours were taken from the Counts (Pfalzgrafen) of Tübingen. The counts had a large castle here in the 13th and 14th century.
The axes probably symbolise the importance of forestry in the area. The crown is most likely a symbol for the Counts of Tübingen.
Literature : John et al., 1990