Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
German Civic Heraldry
State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Heilbronn
Incorporated into : 1970s Schwaigern
The arms were granted on February 12, 1951.
The only known seals of the village, dating from 1820-1950 all show only the letter MB. However, in a document from 1844 the arms of the Lords of Massenbach were mentioned as the arms of the village as well. Even though the State Archives proposed the use of these arms already in 1918, it took until 1950 before the arms of the Lords of Massenabch were actually adopted.
Literature : Gönner, 1965