State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Dachau
In 1882 Indersdorf received town rights and at the same time the above arms were granted by King Ludwig II of Bayern. The bar in the left half shows the oldest arms of the Wittelsbach family, Dukes and later Kings of Bayern. The local monastery was founded by the family in the 12th century and several of its members were buried in the monastery (which ceased to exist in 1783). The two lions are the imaginary arms of the Lords of Undersdorf, who supposedly founded the village in 1122. The combination of bar and lions already was used by the abbey in the 15th century.
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.