MARBACH AM NECKAR
State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Ludwigsburg
Marbach got city rights in 1250 from Count Ulrich von Württemberg. The oldest known seals, dating from the end of the 13th century, show already the tower with the grape vines. In addition the arms of the Teck family are present on the seal. In the 15th century the tower was used on the seal, but not on the arms. On the seal the arms of Württemberg were used, with the tower beside it. Only in this century the arms of Württemberg (deer antlers) were combined with the tower in a single shield.
In the 1930s Hupp showed the arms with a red tower:
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes;
Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s.