State : Hessen
District (Kreis) : Limburg-Weilburg (until 1973 Limburg)
Incorporated into : 1972 Hünfelden
The arms are a combination of the local castle, which was built in 1355 by the counts of Diez. It is now only a ruin. The small shield shows the lion of Nassau, as the village (from 1388-1806 city) Kirberg belonged to the counts of Nassau from the early 14th until the 18th century. The only known seal of the city, from around 1500,k also showed the lion of Nassau. The present arms were granted in 1935.
Literature : Stadler, K. : Deutsche Wappen - Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Angelsachsen Verlag, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.