State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Neckar-Odenwald Kreis
Additions : 1975 Kälbertshausen
The arms were granted on May 4, 1960.
The State Archives had initially proposed arms already in 1904, but these were not accepted by the local council. The plough iron is the symbol used by the village since the 18th century on border stones and seals. In the 19th century the village used on its seals a shield with the plough iron and with two lions as supporters. The colours are those of Baden. The bars are taken from the arms of the Lords of Gemmingen-Guttenberg who owned the village from 1440-1806.
Literature : John et al., 1990