Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
German Civic Heraldry
State : Hessen
District (Kreis) : Offenbach
Additions : 1977
The arms were designed and granted in 1952. The division and red and silver colours are taken from the arms of the Lords of Schönborn, who acquired the village in 1661. The oak in the base symbolises the fact that the village was part of the Imperial forest of Dreieich (three oaks).
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Hessisches Wappenbuch, 1956