Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
German Civic Heraldry
State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Miesbach
Additions : 1922 Agatharied
The eagle and sticks are taken from the arms of the Lords of Waldeck from Hohenwaldeck, who built their estate around the Schliersee lake. They became extinct in 1483 and were succeeded by the Lords (later Counts) of Maxlrain. Hausham belonged to the possessions of this family.
The arms were granted in 1911 to the municipality of Agatharied and after the merger with Hausham in 1922, continued by the new municipality.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s