Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
German Civic Heraldry
State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Bad Kissingen (until 1972 Brückenau)
Brückenau was already a city in the 13th century. The city belonged to the State of Fulda, and the oldest seals all showed the cross of Fulda. In 1818, when the city was part of Bayern, the city adopted the arms of Baden. The arms were taken from the arms of Gustav-Bernhard Margrave of Baden-Durlach and Prince-Abbott of Fulda. Ever since the city uses the arms of Baden.
The city also uses non-official arms with the arms of Baden as an escutcheon on the arms of Margrave Gustav-Bernhard (quartered of Fulda and an image of empress Hildegard on the arms of Kempten, of which he also was Abbott)
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s; non-official image from