Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
German Civic Heraldry
State : Saarland
District (Kreis) : Saarlouis
Incorporated from 1974-1982 into Schwalbach
The arms were granted on May 29, 1952.
The cross is derived from the arms of the Waldgassen Abbey, which played a major role in the local history for several centuries. The small escutcheon shows in the upper half the Saar river. The lower half shows the three hills Griesberg, Blasenberg and Weizenhübel, who played a role in the defences against the French army in 1679.
Literature : Information provided by the Bous council.