Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
German Civic Heraldry
State : Hessen
District (Kreis) : Hochtaunuskreis (until 1975 Obertaunuskreis)
Incorporated into : 1929 Oberursel
The arms were never officially granted, the above image was a proposal made in 1956 based on the old seals of the village. The oldest seal is known from 1674 and has been in use at least until 1737. It already showed an apple tree and the letter B, the initial of the town. It also showed a coal-makers hut. Charcoal making was an important activity at the time in the village. The meaning of the apple tree is not clear; it may have been derived from the Latin Pomus, and thus a canting symbol. It may also simply refer to the local apple orchards, or both.
In the 19th and 20th century th elocal seals only used the name of the village.
Literature : Hessisches Wappenbuch, 1956