BÖBINGEN AN DER REMS
State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Ostalbkreis
The arms were devised in 1930 for the municipality of Unterböbingen, which was later incorporated into Böbingen an der Rems.
The upper half shows the so-called Kolomans-chapel in the village. The lower half shows a bell, which is derived from a local legend, in which wild boar suddenly found a buried bell near the village. As there have been Roman objects found near the village, the bell was chosen as a symbol for the long history of inhabitation in the village.
Literature : Bardua, 1987