Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
German Civic Heraldry
State : Brandenburg
District (Kreis) : Barnim (until 1994 Bernau)
The arms were granted on November 24, 1914.
Biesenthal received city rights in the early 14th century from the Counts of Brandenburg. The seals only showed the red eagle of Brandenburg after the 16th century or the bars of the Lords of Arnim before the 16th century. The above arms were designed in 1902, but it took until 1914 to have the arms officially granted.
Hupp showed the arms in the 1920s with slightly different colours:
Literature :Benzig et al, 1985; Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s