Zell am See
From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
ZELL AM SEE
State : Salzburg
District : Zell am See
The arms were officially granted on January 27, 1928.
The arms were granted after the granting of the city rights on January 24, 1928. The arms are much older though, and show the local patron saint of Zell, St. Hippolyte. Before 1928 the town used a blue field instead of the black field.
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1932
Literature : Zaisberger, F. and Pfeiffer, N. : Salzburger Gemeindewappen. Winter Verlag, Salzburg, 1985