Wien-Floridsdorf

From

Jump to: navigation, search
Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen

WIEN-FLORIDSDORF

State : Wien (Vienna)

Origin/meaning

The lands belonged to the monastery of the Canons Regular at Klosterneuburg. In the 18th century, the Canons founded a settlement there, which was named after the then Provost of Klosterneuburg, Floridus Leeb. Floridus is derived from Latin "flos", flower. The arms are therefore canting.

The region is now part of the 21st municipal district of the same name.


Literature : Ströhl, 1902; Coffee Hag album, 1930s; http://www.wien.gv.at/bezirke/bezirkswappen/

Personal tools
Google AdSense