From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Austria - Österreichische Gemeindewappen
State : Vorarlberg
District : Bregenz
The arms were granted on July 21, 1970.
The right half shows two stars symbolising the two historical settlements in the municipality, Hochkrumbach and Warth. These are taken from the arms of the Swiss canton of Wallis, where the first settlers originated from. The colours are the colours of Wallis and the State of Vorarlberg. The left half shows a pine tree, symbolising the Bregenz Forest. A pine tree also appeared on the oldest known seal (known from 1707) of Tannenberg district, to which Warth belonged until 1806. This was a canting symbol (Tanne=pine tree, Berg=mountain).
The small mountain in the base is also a symbol for the Von Rettenberg family, who had many possessions in the area, and who also used a mountain in their arms.
Literature : Burmeister, 1975