From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
The arms were granted on February 20, 1984.
The upper half of the arms is canting, and symbolises the name of the village (Wald=forest, Bach is stream, brook). The silver cross in blue is taken from the arms of the diocese and State of Speyer, as the village historically was ruled by the Bishops of Speyer. The crosier and heart-staff are the attributes of the two patron saints of the local church, St. George until 1729 and St. Wendolinus since 1729.
Literature : Debus, 1988
|Whos here now: Members 0 Guests 0 Bots & Crawlers 1|