From Heraldry of the World
|Heraldry of the World|
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)
In gespaltenem Schild vorne in Gold ein roter Schrägbalken, hinten in Blau ein steigender goldener Wurm.
The oldest known seal of the village is known from 1555 and 1593 and shows already the arms. The arms are a combination of in the right half the arms of Baden and in the left half a canting worm. In the 19th century suddenly an unexplained symbol, looking like a pair of scissors, appears.
In 1900 the State Archives proposed to use the older arms again, which was agreed upon by the local council. The new arms were adopted on December 28, 1900. The colours of the left part were chosen arbitrarily, as no historical colours were known.
The seal of the 19th century.
Literature : Zier and Futterer, 1966.