Wülferhausen an der Saale

From Heraldry of the World

Jump to: navigation, search
Heraldry of the World
Civic heraldry of Germany - Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen/Kreiswappen)


WÜLFERSHAUSEN AN DER SAALE

State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Rhön-Grabfeld
Verwaltungsgemeinschaft : Saal an der Saale
Additions : 1978 Eichenhausen

Official blazon

Über blauem Schildfuß, darin ein silberner Schrägbalken mit drei blauen Ringen, in Rot ein wachsender goldener Kessel, daraus aufsteigend die silbern nimbierte Figur des heiligen Veit.

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on October 21, 1970.

The arms were first granted in 1575 by Julius Echter von Mespelbrunn, Archbishop of Würzburg. The arms show in the upper half the local patron saint, St. Vitus, and in the lower the arms of the Von Mespelbrunn family.

As the arms were no longer used and 'forgotten', they were restored in 1970.

Literature : ?





Whos here now:   Members 0   Guests 0   Bots & Crawlers 1
 
Personal tools
Google AdSense